Monday, February 18, 2008

Short but sweet

I hosted a bridal shower for a friend of mine getting married next month, here are some pictures. Old man time was not my friend that day and working, very quickly, against me. It had nothing to do with the fact that I stayed up till 1:00 AM cleaning the house. Nothing at all.

The food was placed on the counter and I used the buffet /hutch for this pretty ensemble.


Flowers, candles and candy - doesn't get much better


From other side of the table



Favors and two gifts for the games. The favors were mini-Chinese take out boxes in pastel Easter colors. The prizes went to the lady that was married the shortest time (Bride-to be's good friend) and the longest time (Mother of the Groom/MIL)
I thought I was doing good until Bride to be's friend walked in and asked "Can I help with the decorations" which at this point (10 min before the party is to start) I had COMPLETELY forgotten about. There is point, when throwing a party, that you hit the wall of - There is nothing else I can do and It is, what it is. I found myself able to enjoy things after this moment occured. It was done and it looked pretty cute, especially with the decorations.
It was a nice time and I look forward to the wedding.


1 comment:

Trinka said...

What a beautiful house. When we finally buy, I hope we can make it look as nice. I'll have to subscribe to Sunset for ideas!