Tuesday, December 18, 2007

A beautiful gift

The doorbell rang, this wet and rainy night. An older gentlemen (maybe 80+) was standing there with a sly grin and a partially opened box from another team of brilliant men who love food - Harry and David. Our neighbor, whose name escapes me at this time, admitted he and his wife opened the box and realized they had'nt looked at the card....... anyway, they were nice enough to bring it to the correct address with the plastic still intact.

This basket was a gift full of the de-lish pears and other snacks as a gift from my first teacher at R.C.C.- Robin Emrich and her family(currently residing on the East coast). Knowing the foodies that Duane and I happen to be, there could not be a more perfect gift. This is a congratulations gift for the new house and my graduation, last May. As a teacher, Robin was patient, kind and helped me understand both Macro and Micro- Econ. As a friend, Robin would listen intently to what plans were in place for the SEA club, listen to my boy problems and encourage, mentor and support me to always push myself to be better, all with grace and humor. This gift was such a beautiful and unexpected present- a reflection of love and friendship.

No comments: