Friday, December 7, 2007

First Entry

I have to admit, when Julieta (check out pancakesandfrenchfries) told me about blogging I was immediately drawn to the concept. The more I've read her blog, the more I wanted a blog of my own. My blog hopes to grow up one day and be just like hers. That is a way of telling you that my blog is still very raw and being formed and will be a work in progress.

So what is in the pots which rest on my stove? The largest pot right now is the home we just purchased. Our life is all about laying tile, finishing baseboards, unpacking boxes and trying to find the meaning of the word - organization combined with the over-commercialized holiday that is quickly approaching. I can't even bring myself to say it's name, which is kind of sad really. Typically, our fake tree goes up the day after Thanksgiving and takes residence until the second week of January. Saying that we are behind is an understatement. My husband owns a home improvement business so when he arrives home he immediately goes to work on whatever is screaming at him - last night it was finishing the baseboards in the living room. We ( I take more of the supervisory role, by the way) finished 1/2 the room last night so today when I arrive home from work I expect to hear the blaring sound of the air compressor and see him measuring and securing our really cool base boards.

Other pots... school starting in February which will lead to a career change, Fertility treatments and preparing the new house are three of the biggest pots. Fertility treatments, have literally, been pushed to the back burner.

Why pots on stove ? I love to cook and thought it was a great metaphor for the things going on in my life. Credit for the name must be given to Julieta as well as many, many thanks for so many years of great friendship and patience.

More to post later......

1 comment:

Jules said...

Yay! Look forward to reading more on all the tacos on your plate. :-)