Thursday, January 24, 2008

Mail

There is an odd pleasure I receive from arriving home and finding a piece of mail that comes unexpected with my name on it. Since I was little, I LOVED to see what kind of surprise that scalding metal box held ( Let's not forget, I reside on the surface of the sun from May till October).

I treasure the snail mail from friends and family, all who have unique and beautiful penmanship and share a love for stationary that is reciprocated. I LOVE MAIL.

Today, like every day, I asked D the magic question - ANY MAIL FOR ME. There was a stack, oh yeah - come to mama. First piece is an envelope containing AIG VALIC investment statement for our accounts, Progressive auto insurance ad, letter from Old University telling me to complete some silly survey and then a letter from the school I'm about to start attending. HMMMMM, I wondered aloud, thinking oh, it must be more orientation material for next week.

Nope, it was a letter that started with "Congratulations on your admission as a degree seeking student with post-baccalaureate status at _______University. Your application to the MA/Credential Mild to Moderate L1TA program has been approved for regular admission standing for the GR Spring 1 2008 term.

Ok , well, that is good news because um, well, I've registered for classes, signed up for money to be sent to you on my behalf (that I will be paying off until I'm medicare eligible) and oh yeah - TOLD THE FREAKIN WORLD I was starting school in this program in 2 weeks. A little late but I guess better late than never.

Looking forward to seeing what arrives in the mail tomorrow.

No comments: