Friday, January 4, 2008

Another New Pot


Most days I feel lucky, I mean really lucky. Good health, great friends, supportive and humorous family and I have a really great husband. He is one of those people who is truly gifted at giving gifts, puts special thought and consideration to come up with very meaningful gifts. He listens to my constant rambling around the holidays which this year sounded something like this.... " Oh, the I- phone, no too expensive and just too much technology. Five minutes later, oh you know what would be great - plan a trip somewhere for us and surprise me- no we have every weekend booked for the next 3-6 months (unfortunately not exaggerating). A few minutes later, Ok - I got it, I would love a gift certificate to a month worth of Yoga classes." I know what he is thinking - too impersonal. And while most pots and pans arent meaningful, this one holds special meaning as it has been on my *dream* things to purchase list that aren't in the budget yet remains practical.

Fortunately, he picked up on my enthusiasm and envy while wrapping a Le Creuset dish we were giving my Dad this year and then decided to pick up this darling new pot. Knowing that I love all, well, most things French, this was very exciting and while I'm not into collecting anything, I did mention to my husband that there is a Le Creuset outlet store in Cabazon, on the way to his parents new home.
As for this beautiful pot - I love it, the shape, the color and most importantly that my husband picked it out.

So far, I've made Chicken Noodle soup and it turned out really well.






No comments: