Thursday, January 10, 2008

School Interview

Tomorrow, I will interview with the Dean of the school I will be attending and receive my Master's in Special Education and credential in teaching. I called today to confirm the appointment and the make sure all materials from the main campus have been sent to the satellite campus, where I will be attending. After much confusion and many phone calls (during work- urghhhh) I came to the conclusion that the main campus was not going to be able to fax my file over in time for the appointment, originally scheduled for 6:00 PM this evening. They couldn't even find my file........ A few minutes later I received a frantic call stating that I should call and reschedule for tomorrow and my counselor would personally fax it over to the Dean.

Was that so hard, really? It's called customer service folks - buy a book, read all about it.

After this disappointing discovery I phoned my campus to let them know that I would need to reschedule and the Dean was happy to accommodate, given the circumstance. During this discussion, I asked if this would be a formal interview and to give me an idea of what I should be prepared for. She explained it was not a traditional interview - no need to put on the pantyhose of death though I will be asked to provide a writing sample. I love to write, am I good at it - that is debate-able (not even sure that is a word). I enjoy writing, I like to write for pleasure. An interview is already a tense situation and now I have to write something. YIKES....... I'm sure the topic will be education related, maybe, maybe not.

We'll see.

No comments: