Sunday, January 20, 2008

Ouch!!!

I was doing some light housework yesterday and did *something* to my back. The thing is, I have only had a back problem one other time in my life and I was on the couch for three days. It happened quickly, one minute I was sweeping the dog hair off the tile and the next I was having a problem breathing. Yes, I jacked up my back so bad that whatever I pulled is pressed against my lungs and causing me difficulty to take a deep breath. OUCH!!!

I was in denial about it yesterday and determined to work through the pain, not letting it affect my Saturday. I painfully sat through 27 dresses (highly reccomended for anyone who has been in a wedding) and a de-lish dinner at Taps in Corona. Today is a different story, the pain has left, it is easier to breathe but now it's just really sore.

I've currently taken up residence on our recliner with the heating pad. Oh sweet recliner, how I love you so.........

1 comment:

Jules said...

Ouch is right! You probably didn't move anything around...most likely you pulled one of the muscles in your back so badly that when your back would expand with each breath it was pulling and stretching the already very pissed of aching muscle.

Here's a tip from Sonny he learned during his master's program in Physical Therapy:

Ibuprofen (You're allergic so try motrin instead?) and 20 minute sessions of COLD packs. The heat will spread the inflammation, where as the cold doesn't. Sounds counterintuitive to me, but that's what he tells The Mister to do when his back is acting up.

FEEL BETTER SOON!!! :)